Take a wild and bumpy ride through the world of hotel management in the new book So Many Hotels, So Little Time.
See the inner workings of a hotel and live the dramas that play out behind the scenes in the backdrop of hotels of all shapes and sizes.
Author Kenneth Vincent writes about his vast experiences that cover forty-six years, from 1954 to 2000. The hotel locations range over 22 states, a U.S. territory, and four other countries.
He says, 'I wanted to share the exciting, and sometimes scary world of hotel management. This book is a must-read for anyone intending to pursue a career in the hotel business, and an entertaining adventure to others who might never have stayed in one or have extensively traveled on business or pleasure.'
About the Author:
Kenneth Vincent describes his age as '71 going on 150.' Now retired, the author formed and operated a hotel management corporation and seven other related companies. He lives in Panama City, Florida. His next book is a political satire titled The Republic of Tranquility.
A Note From the Author: I have taken the liberty of borrowing a technique from James Michener, a writer I greatly respect. The first third of the book deals with specific technicalities to set
- Why Me,Lord?(第13页)
- What is a Hotel?(第21页)
- Who Owns Hotels,andMotels,and Why?(第29页)
- Who Manages Hotels?(第37页)
- How Does OneManage a Hotel?(第47页)
- What is More PerishableThan a Raspberry?(第53页)
- How do I MakeMy Hotel Profitable?(第59页)
- What is it Like toManage a Hotel?(第73页)
- What About Lawsuitsand Unions?(第85页)
- When Should I LeaseInstead of Buy?(第95页)
- What Danger?(第99页)
- Who are My Guests andWhat are They Doing Here?(第111页)
- Do I Have to doEverything Myself?(第121页)
- What About Big Problems?(第131页)
- Who Needs Training toClean a Toilet?(第135页)
- Why Not Go Offshore?(第139页)
- Where the Hell am I?(第143页)
- So, What Was it Like in the“Good Old Days?”(第151页)
- So Now What?(第157页)